Migration of Mail Server and TDI
santoshmalavade
2009-12-21 12:14:09 UTC
hi all,

The following is the current configuration at my organisation :

Mail Server : Domino 7.0.2
TDI : 6.1 ( Notes Client 7.0.2)

We have an assembly line which integrates Tivoli Directroy Server and
Domino Names.nsf

and would like to migrate

Mail Server to Domino 8.5.1

In this connection, i would like to know the following :

Do we have to migrate TDI 6.1 to any other TDI version ( i.e. 6.1.1 or
7.0 ) ?
Do we have to migrate Notes Client installed on TDI 6.1 server to any
other version ?

Rgds,

Santosh
Eddie Hartman
2009-12-22 11:01:02 UTC
HI Santosh,

You can read mail from Domino either using the Mailbox Connector
(which
supports IMAP in TDI 7 - just import your TDI 6 Config and keep
working)
or by reading this as Documents using the Notes Connector.

-Eddie
hi all,
Santosh
santoshmalavade
2009-12-22 13:37:53 UTC
Post by santoshmalavade
hi all,
Mail Server : Domino 7.0.2
TDI : 6.1 ( Notes Client 7.0.2)
We have an assembly line which integrates Tivoli Directroy Server and
Domino Names.nsf
and would like to migrate
Mail Server to Domino 8.5.1
Do we have to migrate TDI 6.1 to any other TDI version ( i.e. 6.1.1 or
7.0 ) ?
Do we have to migrate Notes Client installed on TDI 6.1 server to any
other version ?
Rgds,
Santosh
hi Eddie,

I am sorry, I did not understand your reply.

I will explain my problem once again....

I have a TDI 6.1 server install on one machine. On the same machine,
we have installed Lotus Notes Client 7.0.2.

On another machine on which IBM Tivoli Directory Server is installed.
Its version is 6.0

I have one more machin on which Domino Mail Server 7.0.2 is installed.

The assembly line on TDI 6.1 server connects to Tivoli Directory
Server using IBM Directory Server Changelog Connector for any changes
and updates names.nsf file on Domino Server 7.0.2 using Domino Users
Connector.

Now, my question is, if we decide to upgrade Domino Mail Server 7.0.2
to 8.5.1.,

is it required to upgrade TDI 6.1 ? if yes, to which version of TDI.

rgds,

santosh malavade
Eddie Hartman
2009-12-23 10:44:31 UTC
Post by santoshmalavade
[...]
I grok your question now, Santosh :) Upgrading to Domino does
not require you to upgrade TDI. However, I alway recommend that
users upgrade to the latest and greatest as soon as possible since
we work hard to make the user experience and quality of your
solutions better.

So I would recommend at least going to TDI 6.1.1 (FP8). The
best we have to offer now is TDI 7, and as an avid TDI'er it
will not take you long to adjust to the new look-and-feel of version
7.
You can import your TDI 6 solutions and continue working on them...
and now you can even step through JavaScript in the Debugger!!
Integrating has never been easier :)

http://sites.google.com/site/tdi7islive/

-Eddie
santosh malavade
santoshmalavade
2009-12-23 13:40:31 UTC
Post by santoshmalavade
The assembly line on TDI 6.1 server connects to Tivoli Directory
Server using IBM Directory Server Changelog Connector for any changes
and updates names.nsf file on Domino Server 7.0.2 using Domino Users
Connector.
Now, my question is, if we decide to upgrade Domino Mail Server 7.0.2
to 8.5.1.,
is it required to upgrade TDI 6.1 ?  if yes, to which version of TDI.
rgds,
santosh malavade
I would like to upgrade to TDI 7 which is the product on offer now...

However, I have the following doubts....

Point 1
The current Tivoli Directory Server Version is 6.0. It uses the
Password Synchronisation Plug in. I have checked the TDI 7 support
matrix. It is indicated that it supports TDS 6.1 or 6.2 Does that
mean, I have to migrate my TDS too.

Point 2
Do I have to make upgrade install of TDI 7 ( i.e. installation on
existing TDI 6.1 ) or I can go ahead and do a fresh install of TDI 7

Rgds,

Santosh
Eddie Hartman
2009-12-28 23:18:46 UTC
I would assume that you will need to upgrade TDS
to get support, Santosh. Note that with TDI you you
can just install version 7. It will create a "workspace"
folder in your Solution Directory (or wherever you decide
to put it) and your TDI 7 project files are kept here. You
then import any TDI 6 Configs, as shown in this video:
(#4 from the top)
http://sites.google.com/site/tdi7islive/

You could open a PMR with our L2 support gurus to get
a statement about support (TDS).

-Eddie
Post by santoshmalavade
Santosh
tdi@valvik.info
2009-12-29 15:49:50 UTC
(#4 from the top)http://sites.google.com/site/tdi7islive/
Post by santoshmalavade
Post by Eddie Hartman
Post by santoshmalavade
[...]
Santosh, one other thing I found pertains to TDI 7 and Domino 8 or 8.5
in a 64 bit environment. You should read this if you plan a 64bit
installation.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itim.doc/welcome.htm
Eddie Hartman
2009-12-29 18:02:59 UTC
You got the top-level URL there, Bill. You have to dig to get page
URLs
out of the online help system :)

-Eddie
Post by santoshmalavade
tdi@valvik.info
2009-12-30 18:22:03 UTC
Post by santoshmalavade
Post by Eddie Hartman
Post by santoshmalavade
[...]
Sorry about that. This is getting further in.

Go to this url:http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/
index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_7.0/referenceguide17.htm

On the left you should have the Lotus Domino Connector highlighted.
Expand that section and go to the second option "Supported versions of
Lotus Domino and Notes"

I hope that is better. This information is basically in the Info
Center under TDI 7 Reference / Connectors.
s***@gmail.com
2017-03-27 05:19:28 UTC
Post by santoshmalavade
hi all,
Mail Server : Domino 7.0.2
TDI : 6.1 ( Notes Client 7.0.2)
We have an assembly line which integrates Tivoli Directroy Server and
Domino Names.nsf
and would like to migrate
Mail Server to Domino 8.5.1
Do we have to migrate TDI 6.1 to any other TDI version ( i.e. 6.1.1 or
7.0 ) ?
Do we have to migrate Notes Client installed on TDI 6.1 server to any
other version ?
Rgds,
Santosh
Hi Eddie,

I guess you can help me with an issue.

In the current task, I am trying to work on MailboxConnector and
SendEmailFunctionComponent. I need to connect to a user's mailbox
using MailboxConnector and send the result after processing, to
another person's mailbox using SendEmailFunctionComponent. The second
part is fine and I am able to send the email. Unfortunately, I am not
sure what values I require to put for parameters in MailboxConnector.
Can you please help me with the connection values for following
parameters:
Mail Server:
Mail Protocol:
Username:
Password:
Comment:
Explanation with example on how to connect with my gmail account or my
professional mailbox account would be very helpful.

Thanks and Regards,
Saurav