Debug: AL calling other AL
Kleber Carvalho
2017-02-22 14:33:09 UTC
Team,

I have a AL which is the main application.
This main AL is calling other AL (secondary).
How can I add a break point to debug the secondary AL?

Thank you,
Kleber Carvalho
2017-02-22 14:45:57 UTC
Post by Kleber Carvalho
Team,
I have a AL which is the main application.
This main AL is calling other AL (secondary).
How can I add a break point to debug the secondary AL?
Thank you,
Team, I found this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/ibm.software.network.directory-integrator/debug|sort:relevance/ibm.software.network.directory-integrator/_BAeRGqyaQo/_dhbZ0GlBpYJ

I found the answer from Eddie:

================================

Whenever you want to debug a second AL - for example, when you call one from your primary AL, or encapsulate it in an AL Connector - then you right-click on the Default Server and choose 'Debug Server'. This opens an empty debugger and catches the next AL run. So in your case, if you AL Connector initializes as startup (which is default) you would do the following:

1. Start debugging your primary AL
2. As soon as this Debugger window opens, right-click on Default and select 'Debug Server'
3. Step in the primary AL Debugger until your AL Connector inits, at which time...
4. Switch to the 'localhost' secondary Debugger tab.

You'll have to play 'tag' back and forth between your main Debug session and the secondary one, but that's how you get things done.

Note that this is also how you can attach to any running Server and start debugging ALs that are started on it.

-Eddie

I am not finding the option Debug Server, I am using TDI 7.1.1.
Right click on Defaul.tdi server, it opens a Debu Configuratios with Create, Manage, ans run configurations, but I am not finding the option "Debug Server".

Thank you,
Eddie Hartman
2017-02-22 17:26:45 UTC
Post by Kleber Carvalho
Post by Kleber Carvalho
[...]
One more note: Eclipse gets 'less stable' when you have LOTS of tabs open, so close Editor tabs when you're not using them. And this applies doubly to the sub-tabs that open in the Debug window (localhost:1099) that you get when you Debug Server. Whenever you close one of these sub-tabs, it releases hold of that AL and it continues.

-Eddie