Need help in populating members in Active Directory groups using TDI
Add Reply
a***@gmail.com
2017-07-26 05:08:15 UTC
Hi folks,

I am a newbie in Tivoli Directory Integrator, and we have a requirement where we need to populate members in AD groups using TDI assembly line.

For input we have a CSV file, something like:

group|member
CN=Internet_Additional_Distribution,OU=GroupMGMT,DC=ibm,DC=com|CN=arp989,OU=Internal,OU=India,OU=India,DC=ibm,DC=com;CN=bdc554,OU=Internal,OU=India,OU=India,DC=ibm,DC=com

There are multiple members which are seperated by semicolon (;).

Any help will be great

Thanks, Aditya
Eddie Hartman
2017-07-27 10:53:05 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Hi folks,
I am a newbie in Tivoli Directory Integrator, and we have a requirement where we need to populate members in AD groups using TDI assembly line.
group|member
CN=Internet_Additional_Distribution,OU=GroupMGMT,DC=ibm,DC=com|CN=arp989,OU=Internal,OU=India,OU=India,DC=ibm,DC=com;CN=bdc554,OU=Internal,OU=India,OU=India,DC=ibm,DC=com
There are multiple members which are seperated by semicolon (;).
Any help will be great
Thanks, Aditya
As a newbie your first step is to work through the Getting Started Guide on TDI.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCQGF_7.1.1/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_7.1.1/introducingtdi.htm

Two hours well spent. Then you should have enough start playing. Are you using the CSV data to replace group members (i.e. the CSV data represents the full list of members); Or are you augmenting the group memberships based on the CSV data?

-Eddie
a***@gmail.com

I need to replace the group membership based on CSV data.
Eddie Hartman
2017-07-27 17:32:13 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Post by Eddie Hartman
Post by a***@gmail.com
[...]
Makes it easier then. You can simply read in the data, set up the LDAP entry attributes as needed (member attribute) and write to AD.