Asking Help on custom connector building. TDI, IGI (Identity Governance and Intelligence)
Aldi Satriani
2018-05-24 04:24:02 UTC
Hi all, I want to ask some question regarding to TDI and IGI
since I am a completely new user on TDI, I need a confirmation on work flow I made is correct,

This is the use case:

- I have TDI (Tivoli Directory Integrator) installed on my laptop,
- IBM IGI (Identity Governance and Intelligence) virtual appliance installed on virtual machine
- A target system, web application build on PHP Programming, using MySQL 5 for database system with only 3 table.

The main goals are, I can create, delete, and modify user on target system from IGI and vice versa (user provisioning).
since IGI doesn't provide an out of the box adapter for doing user provisioning to this target system, it needs custom adapter which should be built on TDI. so I am thinking like this
- On TDI, creating an Assembly lines using JDBC connector to grab data from target system as source information and write it back to target JDBC connector too.
- Export it as XML configuration
- Import it on IGI from enterprise connector.

what I have done so far,
- Creating an Assembly lines -> making connection to Database (MySql) using JDBC connector using iterator mode and the data can be shown

and I was wondering :
- What is the next step after data collected from source?
- In which part I should put sql query (insert delete update) on assembly lines? I know CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) on Java programming (or does TDI done it automatically? )
- Can I test creating or modifying data on Mysql from TDI?
- How IGI interpret this assembly lines as a connector to a target system?

If anyone had a solution, base line, great example for this type of custom connector from development part to deployment and any kind of help and advise will be appreciated.
Thanks a lot
Franzw
2018-05-24 07:13:59 UTC
Post by Aldi Satriani
[...]
This is really not a TDI question - but an IGI/ISIM (as they share the same adapter infrastructure) question and is best asked here : https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/forum?id=11111111-0000-0000-0000-000000000259

First you should get the Adapter Developer Guide - this is the ultimate guide - not very user friendly (I normally say that after developing the first couple of adapters you start understanding what the docs are talking about).

The second thing is to get the Adapter Developer Toolkit - I have not the link ready here - so you need to search that up - this toolkit gives you possibility to create most the adapter very quickly - one caveat is that is does not support the latest additions to the adapter framework - so something might need to added manually. And do not try to import your custom adapter back into the toolkit - that will almost for sure fail - so when you start the last phase of development you are in TDI land only...

It can be very difficult to test the adapter - it is my experience that this is done best having a couple if test assemblylines that sets up an IWE with the data the Identity Broker sends - this way you can run it in the debugger (you will need to know how to this - it can be tricky - check Eddies blog on for debugger tricks).

Last but not least - the adapter runtime is not a full TDI so the are things you cannot do there that works in the full TDI. IIRC this is things like using the system/task objects in sub processes (e.g. scripted connectors) - again IIRC you can use the full TDI objectclass names instead - not so handsome, but it should work :-)

HTH
s***@gmail.com
2018-05-24 08:20:52 UTC
Post by Aldi Satriani
[...]
Hi Franz,

Thank you for quick response and advice,
for Adapter Developer Guide, do you have link to it? so I can download and start reading it. (if it's not in PassPort Advantage)

I was following this link to start building adapter:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/se-adapters/index.html
is that a good link? or if there any correlates to my question above?

Thank you for forum link, I will post my question there hope that I will get more insight.

Regards
Aldi Satriani
Franzw
2018-05-24 08:31:36 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Aldi Satriani
[...]
On this technote you can see all the adapters : https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21687732

The "IBM Security Identity Adapter v7.1.7 Development and Customization Guide" is the one you need to look for :-)

s***@gmail.com
2018-05-24 14:56:39 UTC
Post by Franzw
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Aldi Satriani
[...]
Thank you Franz,
I got the guide already, and like as you said its not very user friendly :)
will start to dig in deep to it
Thanks

Regards
Jason Williams
2018-05-27 01:39:51 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
Post by Franzw
Post by s***@gmail.com
If you're looking for the Adapter Development Tool (ADT) which Franz mentioned, you'll find it here. https://www-01.ibm.com/marketing/iwm/iwm/web/reg/download.do?source=tivopal&S_PKG=1TW10IM0H&lang=en_US&cp=UTF-8&dlmethod=http