TAM Connector in TDI
s***@gmail.com
2017-04-25 17:25:08 UTC
I need to create user in ISAM after fetching user details from some source. I have gone through the TAM connector doc from IBM, but unable to follow the exact implementation of TAM connector. Any explanation or pointer on this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Saurav
John Dell'Oso
2017-04-26 00:57:00 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
I need to create user in ISAM after fetching user details from some source. I have gone through the TAM connector doc from IBM, but unable to follow the exact implementation of TAM connector. Any explanation or pointer on this would be appreciated.
Regards,
Saurav
Before using the TAM connector, you need to install the TAM Java runtime on the same machine that TDI is running. The java runtime then must be configured and secure comms must be configured as well - instructions on how to do this can be found in the Knowledge Center - here's the link to the TAM connector documentation and steps required to configure:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCQGF_7.1.1/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_7.1.1/referenceguide62.htm#tamconnect

Regards,
JD
Saurav Saraff
2017-04-26 07:44:30 UTC
Post by John Dell'Oso
Post by s***@gmail.com
I need to create user in ISAM after fetching user details from some source. I have gone through the TAM connector doc from IBM, but unable to follow the exact implementation of TAM connector. Any explanation or pointer on this would be appreciated.
Regards,
Saurav
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCQGF_7.1.1/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_7.1.1/referenceguide62.htm#tamconnect
Regards,
JD
Hi JD,

I have already done the configuration of ISAM java runtime. I have visited the TAM Connector doc. But I am unable to follow the exact implementation of this connector. It would be great if you could provide some details on TAM connector with example of its implementation.
My current understanding: If i need to create user in ISAM using TDI, TAM connector can help me. Please help me understand how will the user be created in TAM?

Regards,
Saurav
Saurav Saraff
Just read that TAM connector creates user in SecAuthority=default suffix. Can anyone explain "SecAuthority=default suffix"?
Franzw
2017-04-27 07:25:29 UTC
Post by Saurav Saraff
Post by Saurav Saraff
Post by John Dell'Oso
Post by s***@gmail.com
[...]
When you are working with a system it is important to understand how the system works - so you should really get some information about what TAM/ISAM really is...

Now - you seem to work with the "old" TAM Connector which is using the TAM Java API - I would recommend (unless you are going to use the GSO box) to move to the newer ISAMV2 Connector which is much faster and easier as it it based on the ldap Direct Java api.

Now - back to your question.

ISAM (aka TAM) uses 2 suffixs in its model for users. The one suffix (which may actually reside in a different ldap - this is called federated ldap) is where the "standard" inetorg person resides with all the standard ldap attributes and memberships. The ISAM specific data (eg whether a user/group is actually an ISAM user/group) is stored in another suffix (aka as a Domain) - ISAM supports multiple security domains in the same ldap - the "Default" domain that is created ootb is the Secuthority=Default suffix.

I hope this clarifies a little bit - but again - you need to familiarize yourself with the ISAM fundamental concepts - else you will probably hurt yourself ;-)

HTH
Saurav Saraff
2017-04-27 15:10:20 UTC
Post by Franzw
Post by Saurav Saraff
Post by Saurav Saraff
Post by John Dell'Oso
Post by s***@gmail.com
[...]
Thank you so much Franz. I have a direction now on which way to move. I will research on these. Thanks once again.

Regards,
Saurav