TDI Password Sync Plugin for TDS 6.3 - Need Clarification
Add Reply
Shashi Booshan
2017-11-26 17:31:44 UTC
Hi Everyone,

I need to configure password synchronization using TDS between AD, TDS and Oracle EBS.
I will be installing TDI 7.2 in a server. I was told to install TDI Password sync plugin for TDS.
From the plugin guide, all i get it says is open ibmslapd.conf
---------------------------
Find the section dn: cn=Directory, cn=RDBM Backends, cn=IBM Directory,
cn=Schemas, cn=Configuration and add the following (as one line):

ibm-slapdPlugin: preoperation "TDI_Install_dir\pwd_plugins\tds\
idspwsync.dll" PWSyncInit "TDI_Install_dir\pwd_plugins\tds\
pwsync.props"

-----------------------------

Now my query is, do i need to install any plugin in TDS to intercept the changed password? If yes, what would be location of the password sync plugin? where do i need to find it? Should i check under TDS_Install_Dir\Bin or any particular location?

or Simply following the above step (making the entry in ibmslapd.conf) would work?

Please clarify.

Thanks in Advance

- Sasi
Eddie Hartman
2017-12-02 12:26:05 UTC
Post by Shashi Booshan
Hi Everyone,
I need to configure password synchronization using TDS between AD, TDS and Oracle EBS.
I will be installing TDI 7.2 in a server. I was told to install TDI Password sync plugin for TDS.
From the plugin guide, all i get it says is open ibmslapd.conf
---------------------------
Find the section dn: cn=Directory, cn=RDBM Backends, cn=IBM Directory,
ibm-slapdPlugin: preoperation "TDI_Install_dir\pwd_plugins\tds\
idspwsync.dll" PWSyncInit "TDI_Install_dir\pwd_plugins\tds\
pwsync.props"
Now my query is, do i need to install any plugin in TDS to intercept the changed password? If yes, what would be location of the password sync plugin? where do i need to find it? Should i check under TDS_Install_Dir\Bin or any particular location?
or Simply following the above step (making the entry in ibmslapd.conf) would work?
Please clarify.
Thanks in Advance
- Sasi
Yes, you must install a plugin on any server that you wish to intercept password changes on. Instructions for each is included with the plugin package and differs from system to system.