TDI to PowerShell
Tobias Patterson-Jones
2014-11-19 11:47:38 UTC

I'm looking to automate the allocation of Office 365 licences and enable mailboxes via PowerShell from TDI. It's possible to run the PowerShell based on AD group membership but this has to either be executed manually or on a schedule - I want to execute in real time.

My thoughts are to setup an assembly line with AD change detection and when a particular attribute is set then execute the PowerShell script. Has anyone done this before or does anyone know what component I might use to execute the script?

Thanks for your thoughts and ideas!
Eddie Hartman
2014-11-19 20:31:57 UTC
Post by Tobias Patterson-Jones
Hi,
I'm looking to automate the allocation of Office 365 licences and enable mailboxes via PowerShell from TDI. It's possible to run the PowerShell based on AD group membership but this has to either be executed manually or on a schedule - I want to execute in real time.
My thoughts are to setup an assembly line with AD change detection and when a particular attribute is set then execute the PowerShell script. Has anyone done this before or does anyone know what component I might use to execute the script?
Thanks for your thoughts and ideas!
I would do this from script using system.shellCommand()

http://www.stephen-swann.co.uk/javadoc/tdi7.1.1/com/ibm/di/function/UserFunctions.html#shellCommand(java.lang.String)

Note that you should play a little with this since it is a bit touchy. Acutally, the ExecuteStatment you get back is.

http://www.stephen-swann.co.uk/javadoc/tdi7.1.1/com/ibm/di/function/ExecuteCommand.html

For example, you have to make sure failed() is true before attempting to get the err buffer, or you get a null point exception. Lazy programming I call this.
Tobias Patterson-Jones
Thanks Eddie! I'll post my progress.
manoj pandey
2015-06-08 20:24:37 UTC
Post by Eddie Hartman
[...]
Hi Tobias! Did you automate the allocation of Office 365 licenses and enable mailboxes via PowerShell from TDI.
If yes, I have to perform the same. I am wondering if you can share your experience.
Thanks,
mano
a***@gmail.com
2017-05-24 14:38:16 UTC
Hey,

Were you able to achive this? if yes, please let me know since I have to do the same.
a***@gmail.com
2017-05-24 14:38:00 UTC