SAP ABAP User Registry Connector Example?
Chris
2017-06-07 21:58:55 UTC
Does anyone have an example AL using this connector to update users on an R3 system that they'd like to share?

I'm connected to one of our systems with a connector in Lookup mode. No problem.

Next step is to try to update something. Soooooo.....what do I put in the 'sapUserXML' attribute of the Output Map and how do I put it there? For instance, if I want to set a new password, what does the XML look like?

Cheers,
Chris
Franzw
2017-06-09 07:46:12 UTC
Post by Chris
Does anyone have an example AL using this connector to update users on an R3 system that they'd like to share?
I'm connected to one of our systems with a connector in Lookup mode. No problem.
Next step is to try to update something. Soooooo.....what do I put in the 'sapUserXML' attribute of the Output Map and how do I put it there? For instance, if I want to set a new password, what does the XML look like?
Cheers,
Chris
I do not believe that you can perform a password change using the User Register connector.

Working with SAP ABAP based systems is normal a question of calling RFCs (using the RFC connector) - if you have an ISIM license you can download the ISIM SAP NW adapter and look how this is done - the SAP NW adapter comes with its own little different connector - but it is very similar to the stock one.

A word of warning - doing SAP RFC over TDI is somewhat a black art - so be prepared for a hard learning curve. But start with this Redbook which includes a sample : http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/sg248015.html

HTH
Franz Wolfhagen
Chris
Thanks, Franz. Actually, I started looking at the XSL sheets and managed to dope out how to do what I want to do. I think. We ARE successfully setting a password via the connector now. Next challenge is to set a "productive" password--one that doesn't have to be changed at next logon. For that, apparently, we need to set up a Secure Network Communication (SNC) partnership between the AL/connector and the SAP system. Lots of documents that tell me the myriad parameters that can be set, but precious little that tells how to set them. How to manage the certificates, for example. So, it's clear what you mean by "black art." I just opened a PMR with IBM on the topic, so hopefully they'll be able to shed some light. Surely, somebody has done this before.
Franzw
2017-06-12 08:50:31 UTC
Post by Chris
Post by Franzw
Post by Chris
[...]
I have....

That does not help as such - and I have to say that I have only done this within the SAPNW Adapter.

I have some information about SNC in general that may help you - I will send it to you directly...