Unable to connect to the database (Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection)
Ali Nazar
2017-02-28 08:13:00 UTC
Hi, after having updated our assemblylines from ITDI 6.0 and some from ITDI 7.0 to ITDI 7.1.1 and updating the ojdbc jar from ojdbc14 to ojdbc6 suddenly we are getting this error in some of our jdbc connectors.

CTGDIJ109E Unable to connect to the database (Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection). Verify that all the database connection parameters are correctly specified.
java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: Io exception: The Network Adapter could not establish the connection
at oracle.jdbc.driver.SQLStateMapping.newSQLException(SQLStateMapping.java:101)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.newSQLException(DatabaseError.java:112)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:173)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:229)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.DatabaseError.throwSqlException(DatabaseError.java:458)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:411)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:490)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:202)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:33)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:474)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:379)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:415)
at com.ibm.di.connector.JDBCConnector.initialize(JDBCConnector.java:339)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLineComponent.doConnectorInitialize(AssemblyLineComponent.java:1324)
at com.ibm.di.server.LoopComponent.checkConnectorInit(LoopComponent.java:354)
at com.ibm.di.server.LoopComponent.willExecute(LoopComponent.java:275)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.msExecuteNextConnector(AssemblyLine.java:3752)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainStep(AssemblyLine.java:3380)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainLoop(AssemblyLine.java:2989)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeMainLoop(AssemblyLine.java:2972)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.executeAL(AssemblyLine.java:2939)
at com.ibm.di.server.AssemblyLine.run(AssemblyLine.java:1317)

Anyone have a clue what might be causing this problem?

Thanks for any feedback.

kind regards

Ali
yn2000
2017-02-28 17:22:22 UTC
After reading the case, I am suspicious on the ojdbc jar that you are using. It sounds like you are upgrading ojdbc jar, because of TDI upgrade, while the change in ojdbc jar should be depending on Oracle upgrade. Therefore, try to get the correct ojdbc jar version from your Oracle DBA (Note: I've seen an odd situation acquiring two version of ojdbc6.jar, which are the same file name but different file size).

Rgds. YN.