how to handel data if you are getting mutiple entries
Siddharth Sharma
2017-10-12 23:31:34 UTC
Hi All,

I am new to TDI i need a suggestion. If i have to fetch the user from roles in ISISM, so right the ladpconnector to pull the role information, after getting erglobald of role i am searching in ou=people..., erroles=<full DN of role>.
Now probleis im a getting mutliple entries, i want to take all this multiple entries to output file. for example

i stuck in in case of mutiple entries, how to get value of all uid which are having this role.

Please suggest. this is my first question my aplogies if i assilly question.

Thanks in advance!
John Dell'Oso
2017-10-13 07:54:40 UTC
Post by Siddharth Sharma
Hi All,
I am new to TDI i need a suggestion. If i have to fetch the user from roles in ISISM, so right the ladpconnector to pull the role information, after getting erglobald of role i am searching in ou=people..., erroles=<full DN of role>.
Now probleis im a getting mutliple entries, i want to take all this multiple entries to output file. for example
i stuck in in case of mutiple entries, how to get value of all uid which are having this role.
Please suggest. this is my first question my aplogies if i assilly question.
Thanks in advance!
Hi,

You can probably satisfy your request within ISIM via the Report facility, but I will try to answer your query from a TDI (ISDI) point of view.

First up it sounds like you have the LDAP connector over the roles container in the Feed section working correctly.

Just add a work entry that maps the $dn conn entry to a field named roleDN.

So how to iterate over multiple entries in the Flow section:

1) Add a Connector Loop using the LDAP connector as the underlying connector.
2) Enter in your usual connector parameters for the LDAP connector (set your base point to the "people" container in the ISIM LDAP.
3) Set up the input map to load the fields you want in your work entry.
4) The "trick": for the Search Filter parameter, set Javascript as:
return "erroles=" + work.roleDN;
5) Within the connector loop, set up your file connector in output mode and map the output fields you want.

The connector loop will iterate through the users that have the assigned role you read from the connector in the Feed section. Once that loop ends, the assembly line returns to the Feed section and reads the next role and iterates through the users assigned to that role and etc.

Hope this helps.

JD
s***@gmail.com
2017-11-06 16:29:05 UTC
Post by Siddharth Sharma
Hi All,
I am new to TDI i need a suggestion. If i have to fetch the user from roles in ISISM, so right the ladpconnector to pull the role information, after getting erglobald of role i am searching in ou=people..., erroles=<full DN of role>.
Now probleis im a getting mutliple entries, i want to take all this multiple entries to output file. for example
i stuck in in case of mutiple entries, how to get value of all uid which are having this role.
Please suggest. this is my first question my aplogies if i assilly question.
Thanks in advance!
Hi Siddharth,

You can either use getFirstDuplicateEntry() or getNextDuplicateEntry().

Sample:
var nextEntry;
while (( nextEntry = thisConnector.getNextDuplicateEntry()) != null ) {

//you can fetch the values from nextEntry
}

But as per your requirement, do this if you don't want to write code in hooks -

-> Add LDAP connector in Iterator mode in Feed section, iterate on ou=roles, map $dn of roles in work.
-> Add For each connector loop (LDAP connector) in Flow, change to Lookup mode.
-> So now if you got multiple entries then it will iterate on all entries and you can dump whatever info in file using FileSystemConnector after adding it in For Each loop branch.

Regards,
Sufyan