IBM's Watson gave unsafe recommendations for treating cancer
Nomen Nescio
2018-07-27 05:47:00 UTC
IBM, Novell and linux lay more eggs. Note that all three are
losers who engineer total support dependence on inferior
products.

IBM’s Watson supercomputer gave unsafe recommendations for
treating cancer patients, according to documents reviewed by
Stat. The report is the latest sign that Watson, once hyped as
the future of cancer research, has fallen far short of
expectations.

In 2012, doctors at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
partnered with IBM to train Watson to diagnose and treat
patients. But according to IBM documents dated from last summer,
the supercomputer has frequently given bad advice, like when it
suggested a cancer patient with severe bleeding be given a drug
that could cause the bleeding to worsen. (A spokesperson for
Memorial Sloan Kettering said this suggestion was hypothetical
and not inflicted on a real patient.)

“This product is a piece of s—,” one doctor at Jupiter Hospital
in Florida told IBM executives, according to the documents. “We
bought it for marketing and with hopes that you would achieve
the vision. We can’t use it for most cases.”

<https://www.theverge.com/2018/7/26/17619382/ibms-watson-cancer-
ai-healthcare-science>
SilverSlimer
2018-07-27 13:04:20 UTC
[...]
You want to treat cancer? I have a solution for you: instead of looking
for a cure, treat the _cause_.

Remove meat and dairy from your diet and watch your cancer vanish. The
evidence speaks for itself.

I hate to use articles from leftist rags but here's one that might not
trigger the Prescott Cockroach.

<https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kathy-freston/vegan-diet-
cancer_b_2250052.html>
--
SilverSlimer
Ubuntu 18.04 on MSI GT72 2QD

Proudly blocking Facebook and Youtube
Anonymous
2018-07-27 14:15:57 UTC
Post by SilverSlimer
[...]
I have eaten meat and dairy all my life (70+) and have not gotten
cancer. All of my relatives have eaten meat and dairy all their lives
and only one died from cancer of the liver. All of my relatives lived
into their 70s, 80s, 90s, and one lived to 106. Most people in the
world eat meat and dairy and most people don't get cancer.

It has been reported that fish today is dangerous because most fish
are farm raised. The chemical used to kill fish lice is so dangerous
that farm workers have to use full body protective suits while treating
the fish. The lice killing chemicals remain in the fish and are
absorbed into the human body where they remain, the human body not
being able to excrete them.

Lastly, vegans have been found to never get the proper level of
protein needed for proper body function and health.
Snit
2018-07-27 18:04:43 UTC
Post by SilverSlimer
[...]
It reduces the chances... and that is a good thing. But why do you twist
that to be "the" cause. There is no ONE cause.
somehow superior by attacking the messenger.