How can I set-up AxisEasyInvokeSoapWS Function Component in Iterator Mode ???
c***@gmail.com
2017-03-21 11:58:46 UTC

I've successfully set-up an AxisEasyInvokeSoapWS FC to call a WebService and request information from the backend DB.

I would like to set-up this FC in iterator mode in order to go through all the users in one go.
I guess I would somehow need to call the selectEntries() and getNextEntry() functions? or Can I wrap this FC into another connector (that supports iterator mode?).

Any ideas guys???

Thank you in advance!

Constantinos
Eddie Hartman
2017-03-21 18:11:20 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Hi,
I've successfully set-up an AxisEasyInvokeSoapWS FC to call a WebService and request information from the backend DB.
I would like to set-up this FC in iterator mode in order to go through all the users in one go.
I guess I would somehow need to call the selectEntries() and getNextEntry() functions? or Can I wrap this FC into another connector (that supports iterator mode?).
Any ideas guys???
Thank you in advance!
Constantinos
An FC does not have the Iterator functions, since it does not have 'Modes'. You can either use a Loop to cycle through repeating nodes in the return payload, or script a Connector that uses selectEntries() to make the call in script - for example, using the same FC - and then getNextEntry() to return one repeated node at a time parsed into conn Entry of the Connector.

Here are some tutorial posts I made on hierarchical data and TDI:
Here is part one (written many moons ago): http://www.tdiingoutloud.com/2013/09/json-and-xml-tutorial-part-1.html
and then (forgive the numbering :P)
http://www.tdiingoutloud.com/2015/02/json-and-xml-tutorial-part-2.html
http://www.tdiingoutloud.com/2016/02/json-and-xml-tutorial-part-2-xml-example.html
http://www.tdiingoutloud.com/2016/11/json-and-xml-tutorial-part-4-json.html
http://www.tdiingoutloud.com/2016/11/json-and-xml-tutorial-part-5.html This one about scripting a connector to hide the complexity of the calls
http://www.tdiingoutloud.com/2016/11/json-and-xml-tutorial-part-6-making.html
c***@gmail.com
2017-03-21 21:38:50 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Hi,
[...]
Hi Eddie,

Thanks for your reply I have been following your posts and tutorials a lot these past few days. I have already started scripting the connector after reading part-5 of your tutorials. Just a couple of questions:

1. Would it possible to have an AL Connector in iterate mode pointing to my WS FC AL to avoid the complexity of scripting my own Conn while getting the iterator functionality?

2. Apparently the initialize() function of my FC requires a parameter of type object (https://www.stephen-swann.co.uk/javadoc/tdi7.1/index.html?com/ibm/di/fc/webservice/AxisEasyInvokeSoapWS.html) could you pls point me in the right direction of how to create this object?

3. I also tried implementing an HTTP Client Connector to replace the functionality of my FC since I can get the SOAP message form SOAPUI and the HTTP connector supports iterator mode. Unfortunately, when hitting connect in output map and browsing through the WS I am getting a 404-NO FOUND response and not seeing the required attributes such as http.body. The same connector with a different WSDL file works fine. My WS also works fine with SOAPUI. Did you happen to come accross something like this before? Any tips for troubleshooting this?

Thank a lot!
Eddie Hartman
2017-03-24 11:35:23 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by Eddie Hartman
Post by c***@gmail.com
Hi,
[...]
Let me try to answer your questions:

1) Yes, you could use an AssemblyLine Connector in Iterator mode and then put the logic to make the ws call and parse/return one item at a time from the response in a seperate AL.

2) I have not worked with our ws FCs much. I do what you seem to be doing: fire up SoapUI, figure out what headers and HTTP stuff to send in the request (or negotiating a session/auth) and then do all the work using an HTTP Client Connector. You could try asking our amazing L2 support gurus.

3) The 404 error means that you got the endpoint (url) wrong. If you check the wsdl then you'll find the full endpoint for each operation covered by the wsdl. These should be directly available to use via the HTTP Client connector.

Hope this helps...
-Eddie
c***@gmail.com
2017-03-31 10:01:43 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by Eddie Hartman
Post by c***@gmail.com
Hi,
[...]

Thanks for your reply I will be making a new post and document my experience when dealing with WebServices in TDI using the AxisEasyInvokeSoapWS Function Component as I came across certain issues that were not addressed in online forums.