Reading existing attribute value from AccountObject
Sufyan Khan
2017-10-23 14:08:56 UTC
Hi All,

There is a requirement - If user is having Group1 and Group2, now if user has modified his account and added Group3 and removed Group2 then only the final set of groups must be provisioned to target i.e. Group1 and Group3.
As per the ideal behaviour (ISIM v6.0 - Dispatcher v6.x) Group2 and Group3 would be sent with respective value operation codes.

So to achieve this I have modified erALConfig and added below line

<dispatcherParameter name="ergroup"><default>$(AO!ergroup)</default></dispatcherParameter>

After this I am able to fetch the existing values by using getParameter API which returns string.

But the concern here is -

If user is having Group1 and Group2, further Group3 added and Group2 removed from the account then I will be getting Group1 and Group2 in existing values' variable (which is expected).

Now after successful completion of the request I tried adding Group4 in the next request, but in the existing values variable I still got Group1 and Group2 instead of Group1 and Group3.

Need your advice here.

Thanks,
Sufyan Khan
yn2000
2017-10-23 23:52:22 UTC
Depending on the type of the target, I wonder why don't you follow the operation value that ISIM is sending?
For example: ISIM sends 'delete' operation for Group2, then you call a delete membership process for Group2; in the same attribute, ISIM would also sends 'add' operation for Group3, then you call add membership process for Group3.

Rgds. YN.
Sufyan Khan
2017-10-24 04:51:42 UTC
Post by yn2000
Depending on the type of the target, I wonder why don't you follow the operation value that ISIM is sending?
For example: ISIM sends 'delete' operation for Group2, then you call a delete membership process for Group2; in the same attribute, ISIM would also sends 'add' operation for Group3, then you call add membership process for Group3.
Rgds. YN.
Yes, that I know but in our requirement we want to send the final set of values of the attribute in account object.

It was happening because of caching so I fixed it, THIS IS RESOLVED NOW.

Thank you.