JDBC Connector: Unable to connect to DB2 DB using SSL TDI 7.1.1
Matthew
2017-06-16 12:46:50 UTC
Hello,

I'm trying to connect to an SSL DB2 database using the JDBC Connector, but I'm getting a Handshake error ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001.

I've configured a couple other JDBC clients to connect to this database so I know the SSL is working correctly.

I backed up my db2jcc.jar file, and inserted the db2jcc4.jar file (since they use the same class, also verified it was being loaded main.getClass().getClassLoader().getURLs()).

My JDBC Params are as follows;

JDBC URL: jdbc:db2://DB2:PORT/DB
JDBC DRIVER: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
USERNAME: NAME
PASSWORD: PASS

-Advanced tab-
All Default except;

Extra Provider Parameters:
sslConnection:true
sslTrustStoreLocation: c:\Store
sslTrustStorePassword: password

I can't seem to find to much on setting up a SSL DB2 connection in TDI, so any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Matthew
2017-06-20 16:29:00 UTC
Post by Matthew
[...]
Looks like it had to do with TLS 1.0. I followed an IBM technote to disable TLS1.0 and TLS3.0, then regenerated my solution file after applying the latest patches.
This resolved the issue.
Eddie Hartman
2017-06-21 07:37:16 UTC
Post by Matthew
[...]