TDI + SNMP Connector
j***@gmail.com
2018-03-07 01:50:22 UTC
Hi!

I am pretty new to TDI. I actually installed it for the first time yesterday...

I work with IBM QRadar on a daily basis. A customer is asking to integrate some SNMP values in a firewall and be sent to QRadar using syslog.

I am trying to understand how to configure correctly my AL to only gather a couple of OIDs and be sent in certain format to QRadar.

Dont having much like in getting it done, its very confusing what needs to be done in order to grab the value only and 'name' it so I can assign it to the message with the syslog Log Connector.

Since I am new to this, I'm not sure what you guys might need to give me a hand.

I would greatly appreciate if you can point me in the right direction :D

Thanks a lot!
Eddie Hartman
2018-03-16 10:28:01 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
Hi!
I am pretty new to TDI. I actually installed it for the first time yesterday...
I work with IBM QRadar on a daily basis. A customer is asking to integrate some SNMP values in a firewall and be sent to QRadar using syslog.
I am trying to understand how to configure correctly my AL to only gather a couple of OIDs and be sent in certain format to QRadar.
Dont having much like in getting it done, its very confusing what needs to be done in order to grab the value only and 'name' it so I can assign it to the message with the syslog Log Connector.
Since I am new to this, I'm not sure what you guys might need to give me a hand.
I would greatly appreciate if you can point me in the right direction :D
Thanks a lot!
Hi Horatio,

If you are building a Log Source for QRadar, then have a look at this:

https://www.google.no/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiQnOHKzfDZAhXKa5oKHYpjCdUQFgg5MAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ibm.com%2Fsupport%2Fknowledgecenter%2Fen%2FSSCQGF_7.2.0.1%2Fcom.ibm.IBMDI.doc_7.2.0.1%2Frg_conn_qradar_deploying.html&usg=AOvVaw3gRKHVmaCt6y9YnqYP6nZD

The QRadar Connector should be available if you have the latest fixpack installed.