TDI V7.1.1 - After applying FP6 (and Java update) - system queue does not start
John Dell'Oso
2017-12-21 04:39:53 UTC

I recently applied FP6 to our TDI V7.1.1 in our DEV environment.

That all went well (so it seems).

After having applied FP6 and the Java update, I've now noticed that the system queue (ActiveMQ) does not start.

The "systemqueue.on" parameter is set to "true" in the solution.properties file and all other system queue related settings have not been changed.

When I start the server, I now notice that there is no attempt to even start the system queue - there are NO error messages whatsoever.

I thought that perhaps it may have something to do with the Java update as I applied the Java update recommended for TDI 7.2 (Java 1.8) as this was deemed as suitable for TDI 7.1.1.

Since then I reverted to the Java update that sets Java at 1.7.x and still no luck.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this behaviour at all.

Thanks,
JD
Jason Williams
Recommend you raise the issue against TDI on www.ibm.com/mysupport so it can be reviewed and addressed.
j***@gmail.com
2018-02-02 03:49:06 UTC
There are issues with always automatically starting ActiveMQ, it could cause
hangs in some cases.
The systemqueue will now start as needed, at the first attempt to use it.
If for some reason you need to start the systemqueue without using it,
you could add code like this somewhere:

com.ibm.di.systemqueue.SystemQueueEngine.getInstance()

Place the code in a small assemblyline that you run to start the systemqueue,
or in the prolog of an assemblyline.
John Dell'Oso
2018-02-04 23:29:16 UTC
Post by j***@gmail.com
There are issues with always automatically starting ActiveMQ, it could cause
hangs in some cases.
The systemqueue will now start as needed, at the first attempt to use it.
If for some reason you need to start the systemqueue without using it,
com.ibm.di.systemqueue.SystemQueueEngine.getInstance()
Place the code in a small assemblyline that you run to start the systemqueue,
or in the prolog of an assemblyline.
Thanks for the update - raised a support issue with IBM and they have confirmed this changed behaviour.