Set account status of ISAM account from TDI
Saurav Saraff
2017-05-10 15:37:27 UTC

I am using the TAM connector to set the account status of a user's ISAM account. For this purpose, the attribute "secAcctValid" is returning "True" but still the account status is reflecting as "Inactive" in ISAM. Can anyone please help on this urgently.

Thanks and Regards,
SS
Jason Williams
2017-05-10 20:42:13 UTC
Hi,
Instead of returning the string "True" have you tried the boolean true ?
Saurav Saraff
2017-05-11 18:12:57 UTC
Post by Jason Williams
Post by Saurav Saraff
Hi,
I am using the TAM connector to set the account status of a user's ISAM account. For this purpose, the attribute "secAcctValid" is returning "True" but still the account status is reflecting as "Inactive" in ISAM. Can anyone please help on this urgently.
Thanks and Regards,
SS
Instead of returning the string "True" have you tried the boolean true ?
Hello Jason,

You have rightly pointed out the issue. I need to work with boolean value here. My current code is:
return true;
Is this fine? Or do I need to declare a boolean value and then return it? Because this is still showing as account Inactive in ISAM.

Regards,
SS
Eddie Hartman
Just the literal boolean value true should be enough
Jason Williams
2017-05-12 17:31:31 UTC
Post by Saurav Saraff
Post by Jason Williams
Post by Saurav Saraff
Hi,
I am using the TAM connector to set the account status of a user's ISAM account. For this purpose, the attribute "secAcctValid" is returning "True" but still the account status is reflecting as "Inactive" in ISAM. Can anyone please help on this urgently.
Thanks and Regards,
SS
Instead of returning the string "True" have you tried the boolean true ?
Hello Jason,
return true;
Is this fine? Or do I need to declare a boolean value and then return it? Because this is still showing as account Inactive in ISAM.
Regards,
SS
Here's an AL worked up as an example last year. I believe it still works..you might have a review of the items being passed to ISAM
https://ibm.box.com/s/inofr8emeo8m5phm9pfbaq8q9qg6dvis
Saurav Saraff
2017-05-18 19:56:27 UTC
Post by Jason Williams
Post by Saurav Saraff
Post by Jason Williams
Post by Saurav Saraff
Hi,
I am using the TAM connector to set the account status of a user's ISAM account. For this purpose, the attribute "secAcctValid" is returning "True" but still the account status is reflecting as "Inactive" in ISAM. Can anyone please help on this urgently.
Thanks and Regards,
SS
Instead of returning the string "True" have you tried the boolean true ?
Hello Jason,
return true;
Is this fine? Or do I need to declare a boolean value and then return it? Because this is still showing as account Inactive in ISAM.
Regards,
SS
Here's an AL worked up as an example last year. I believe it still works..you might have a review of the items being passed to ISAM
https://ibm.box.com/s/inofr8emeo8m5phm9pfbaq8q9qg6dvis
Hi Jason and Eddie,

Firstly, thank you for the help.
Sorry for replying so late. Was busy with lot of things. Finally fixed the error.
Time to share my experience and knowledge:
* Account Status (i.e. secAcctValid) and Password Valid (i.e. secPwdValid) was not getting updated as I had not applied any Fixpack on it. Today I applied the FP5 for the TDI and Voila, both the attributes were updated successfully. (In short, you need to use ISAM connector. TAM connector was giving issues)
Alternative - Try using v7.2.

Please let me know if I missed something or got something wrong here.

Note: If you face any issues while updating the FP, feel free to drop me a mail. :)

Regards,
SS