Tring to create an Excel file as output to an AL
bill valvik
2018-03-13 20:01:53 UTC
I am trying to create an Excel file from TDI AL. I know about the CSV files however this time I need a true .xls(x) file.

I was looking at the Microsoft Access Database Engine tool but not sure how to setup the JDBC parameters for it.

Has anyone had any success with this or any better ideas?

Thank you,
Jason Williams
here are my notes on the topic https://ibm.box.com/s/zvo5d0xjftr2mygji9523bgei4yff7n9
bill valvik
2018-03-15 19:59:17 UTC
Post by Jason Williams
Post by bill valvik
I am trying to create an Excel file from TDI AL. I know about the CSV files however this time I need a true .xls(x) file.
I was looking at the Microsoft Access Database Engine tool but not sure how to setup the JDBC parameters for it.
Has anyone had any success with this or any better ideas?
Thank you,
Bill,
here are my notes on the topic https://ibm.box.com/s/zvo5d0xjftr2mygji9523bgei4yff7n9
Jason, thank you for the reply. The details are what I was looking for. One thing though is that TDI is reporting the driver is not there. I looked up the proper name of the ODBC driver and only found one listed and copied the name into the url. I am testing on a machine where Office is loaded. What else might be needed?

Thank you,
Jason Williams
2018-03-16 17:44:11 UTC
Post by bill valvik
Post by Jason Williams
Post by bill valvik
I am trying to create an Excel file from TDI AL. I know about the CSV files however this time I need a true .xls(x) file.
I was looking at the Microsoft Access Database Engine tool but not sure how to setup the JDBC parameters for it.
Has anyone had any success with this or any better ideas?
Thank you,
Bill,
here are my notes on the topic https://ibm.box.com/s/zvo5d0xjftr2mygji9523bgei4yff7n9
Jason, thank you for the reply. The details are what I was looking for. One thing though is that TDI is reporting the driver is not there. I looked up the proper name of the ODBC driver and only found one listed and copied the name into the url. I am testing on a machine where Office is loaded. What else might be needed?
Thank you,
Bill,
Which drives are you finding in the 'ODBC Administrator tool' on the Windows server?
Check the 64bit version of the 'ODBC Administrator tool'. Have a review of this site as it refers to both 32 & 64 bit tools

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/942976/odbc-administrator-tool-displays-both-the-32-bit-and-the-64-bit-user-d

Depending on the bit level of the TDI JVM, you'll need to install the 64 bit driver version and configure a datasource.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13255