Is there way to receive the POST Details from public url's using TDI HTTP Server Connector with JSON String and response back to the same.
Satish Jogi
2018-07-16 07:19:54 UTC
Hi All,

Hope all are doing good.

Is there way to receive the POST Details from public url's using TDI HTTP Server Connector with JSON String and response back to the same. Please help me with the process.

Regards,
Satish J
yn2000
2018-07-16 15:09:08 UTC
Q: "...Please help me with the process..." A: "Please help me understand the requirement."
My rule of thumb, never put TDI HTTP Server Connector directly connected to public domain. Based on my experience, TDI HTTP Server Connector is behaving like getting a Denial of Service Attack even by a non-sophisticated network security scanner.
Rgds. YN.
Satish Jogi
2018-07-16 15:33:48 UTC
Post by yn2000
Q: "...Please help me with the process..." A: "Please help me understand the requirement."
My rule of thumb, never put TDI HTTP Server Connector directly connected to public domain. Based on my experience, TDI HTTP Server Connector is behaving like getting a Denial of Service Attack even by a non-sophisticated network security scanner.
Rgds. YN.
Thanks YN,

1. I need to get JSON objects from the one of the application.
2. Will pass the same information to ISIM WSDL's to add/remove a role.
3. Response back to the client

help me with the best approach to do this
yn2000
2018-07-16 22:56:00 UTC
As long as you are not opening TDI HTTP Server Connector into a 'public' domain, then it seems the requirement is a normal requirement. (Note: I wonder, when you said public url, you do not mean really 'public' url, where the whole world can access to the TDI server, right?)

The AL is not that easy, but it is doable, but here is my take:
1. Yes, use TDI HTTP Server Connector
2. Then you need to have some sort of data manipulation to map which request means add/remove a role. Notes: Protection against incorrect requests are troublesome by itself.
3. Yes, we can use addRolesToPerson and removeRolesFromPerson services on the ISIM WS to add/remove ISIM roles, but probably there is a trade-off between having ISIM WS session control within the AL versus a script to add/remove role using ISIM_JNDI connector.
4. You probably need to construct your own return message against various types of outcome.

Rgds. YN.