Timer Connector
Saurav Saraff
2017-05-02 13:33:41 UTC

I am using the Timer Connector to execute an AL on every business day. Now, the date of holiday will differ each calendar year. How do I work on this? Any and all information is appreciated.

Regards,
SS
bill valvik
2017-05-02 17:14:55 UTC
Post by Saurav Saraff
Hi,
I am using the Timer Connector to execute an AL on every business day. Now, the date of holiday will differ each calendar year. How do I work on this? Any and all information is appreciated.
Regards,
SS
My recommendation would be to have a properties file with the holiday dates in them. Have the timer execute each day but change it to check the properties on each run to determine if a business day or holiday.

Automating the properties files may be another challenge unless those that post it have it in a readable format. Otherwise set a calendar reminder to update the file once a year.
Saurav Saraff
2017-05-02 18:49:24 UTC
Post by bill valvik
Post by Saurav Saraff
Hi,
I am using the Timer Connector to execute an AL on every business day. Now, the date of holiday will differ each calendar year. How do I work on this? Any and all information is appreciated.
Regards,
SS
My recommendation would be to have a properties file with the holiday dates in them. Have the timer execute each day but change it to check the properties on each run to determine if a business day or holiday.
Automating the properties files may be another challenge unless those that post it have it in a readable format. Otherwise set a calendar reminder to update the file once a year.
Thanks Bill. I am currently working on the properties file. Thanks for your input.

Regards,
SS