Connector loop issue ?
rpuggal
2017-12-22 20:05:13 UTC
Is there a limitation on the connector loop that is not documented or something ? I am noticing a file connector that I have in a connector loop is only reading the first 100 rows of my input file. There are 110 rows for example. What would cause it to not read all the data ? The same connector when not in a loop reads all the data just fine.

Also noticed some other wierd behavior when using it in a loop that I need to debug more. We are on 7.1.1 fp6 if that matters .
Eddie Hartman
2017-12-25 15:12:18 UTC
Post by rpuggal
Is there a limitation on the connector loop that is not documented or something ? I am noticing a file connector that I have in a connector loop is only reading the first 100 rows of my input file. There are 110 rows for example. What would cause it to not read all the data ? The same connector when not in a loop reads all the data just fine.
Also noticed some other wierd behavior when using it in a loop that I need to debug more. We are on 7.1.1 fp6 if that matters .
If you press the More... button at the far right in the Loop Editor (just after the Inherit From button) you can set the Iterator limit you want. Otherwise there is no limitation.

I would suggest you fire up the AL debugger and try to figure out what's causing your Loop to exit.

-Eddie
rpuggal
Eddie, thanks for the reply! what i discovered was that there was a skipEntry call in one of the No Match hooks for a lookup connector that was nested within the main connector loop. that was causing the outer connector loop to stop processing. Is that normal that it would do that ? i guess i should go check the docs to see if there is any mention of a skipEntry call breaking out of a connector loop for good.
Eddie Hartman
2017-12-27 18:33:31 UTC
Post by rpuggal
Post by Eddie Hartman
Post by rpuggal
[...]
Yessir, a skipEntry() tells the AL to leave the Flow section and return to the Feed Iterator for the next Entry. If you want to leave a loop then use system.exitBranch() - yeah, a Loop is a repeating Branch in the TDI world :P. It will exit the innermost Branch/Loop. You can also name the Branch you want to exit from. More info in the JavaDocs:

https://www.stephen-swann.co.uk/javadoc/tdi7.1.1/com/ibm/di/function/UserFunctions.html#exitBranch()