TDI/SDI Expertise On Demand
2020-01-29 09:18:56 UTC
I currently have availability for consultation regarding planned or ongoing TDI/SDI work. My typical engagement in a project is 8-16 hours per week, spread across workdays as fits the team. An initial discussion to determine relevance and feasibility of a solution, approach or architecture is grattis :)

If this is of interest, please contact me at eddie.hartman at no.ibm.com.
Ahmd Shouman
2021-04-15 14:49:01 UTC
I currently have availability for consultation regarding planned or ongoing TDI/SDI work. My typical engagement in a project is 8-16 hours per week, spread across workdays as fits the team. An initial discussion to determine relevance and feasibility of a solution, approach or architecture is grattis :)
If this is of interest, please contact me at eddie.hartman at no.ibm.com.
Dear Eddie,
I trust you are fine,
I found your Email posted in one of google groups about TDI/SDI, stating your willingness to consult in a TDI project, However the email didn't work.

Here is the case:

We are integrating between IBM TADDM and BMC CMDB using TDI.
We would like TDI to consume BMC CMDB API and then upload its content into TADDM using ”HttpClient Connector” and “TADDM Connector”.
In BMC CMDB CIs there are multiple attributes that we need to filter or just select the needed attributes through the API that being provided from BMC CMDB.
API example::
http://ServerName:port/api/cmdb/v1.0/instances/BMC.ASSET/BMC.CORE/BMC_ComputerSystem?num_matches=true&attributes=Name,ClassId,DatasetId,InstanceId,ShortDescription

I’ve managed to create an IdML book and upload it into TADDM but we need the integration to be automated from BMC side i.e they just provide us with the API URL and TDI get the attributes and then convert it to valid IdML book and then upload it into TADDM.

Kindly find the reference API that we will be using:

BMC Atrium Core APIs
https://docs.bmc.com/docs/ac9104/bmc-atrium-core-apis-797317607.html

General principles for using BMC Atrium Core REST API
https://docs.bmc.com/docs/ac91/general-principles-for-using-bmc-atrium-core-rest-api-718772772.html

Using BMC Atrium Core functions in an external application with REST API
https://docs.bmc.com/docs/ac9104/using-bmc-atrium-core-functions-in-an-external-application-with-rest-api-797317608.html

BMC Atrium Core web services API overview
https://docs.bmc.com/docs/ac91/bmc-atrium-core-web-services-api-overview-609846579.html

In other words, We need TDI to convert BMC CMDB data into TADDM including its relationships and its available attribute.
Eddie Hartman
2021-04-15 18:30:06 UTC
Sounds like you have much of the solution figured out (IdML etc.). I assume you have working rest calls from a browser, or curl, or SoapUI, or Postman, ... If so then it's straightforward to duplicate this from TDI. What you will want is a BMC CMDB Connector so you can iterate on the info you want. With an Iterator you can turn on Change Detection using a Delta Store. Of if you can specific LastModifiedDate (or similar) in the query, then all you need to persist is the Iterator State - like the built-in Change Detection Connectors of TDI: IDS Changelog, AD Change Detection, RMDB Change Detection, etc.

I have just started my little company, Agilitar, and the email ask@ <agilitar>.com should work now. Why don't we plan a screen share with you and your team to look at this. Could be a couple of hours pro bono peer work might be all you need. And if more is wanted, we can discuss a longer engagement.

Looking forward to digging in with you, Ahmd!

/e