SDI Scheduler Question
t***@gmail.com
2019-03-27 18:16:01 UTC
Good afternoon!

Very glad this groups exists for ppl like me!

We are encountering an off issue with one of our AL's Scheduler that handles our HR feed outbound data to ISIM on 3/23.

We had a slew of patching on PRD servers run through over the weekend and appears our Scheduled AL shutdown, by design, after attempting to pull a SQL table on a server that was in process of reboot.All patching has been completed and servers operational as of 3/23

The odd thing is that ever since that day, our scheduler appears to not call our HR Feed AL. It runs daily @4am with no hiccups ever...literally. It's new terrain for me.

I am a bit confused as to why one scheduler would not run as normal after a blip over the weekend. We have numerous AL's and schedulers that run just fine....just this one AL Schedule.

Of course it is our PROD HR Feed...I'm lucky like that :)

Any help or direction/links to self-help are very much needed. I cant seem to find anything that calls to this situation specifically. I am hoping this is a fail safe.

Thank you :)
Scott
Eddie Hartman
2019-03-28 20:09:21 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
[...]
Just in case the *blip* may have caused garbage to appear in the config xml file, you could try to rename the existing schedule and then re-create it. I would point it a simple test AL that logs output and set the schedule to loop often (minutes) and check that this works. Once verified, set the desired schedule and point it at your HR Feed. Note also that you should make sure the HR Feed AL runs (i.e. manual start) to ensure there is not a glitch in this part of the config xml.

I know this may not be satisfying and not knowing exactly why something stops working does not exactly build confidence. However, if you check the logs/ibmdi.log file and cannot see any messages there that indicate what might be going wrong, then I am unsure what could be causing your issue.

/Eddie
t***@gmail.com
2019-03-29 16:38:38 UTC
Awesome, and thank you for a great starting point. We mocked a test AL schedule to a test AL and worked just fine. I actually came into work today to find our AL picked back up as scheduled and is humming along just fine.

Now, to focus on new AL for removing TAM accounts from disabled ISIM identities. Finally get to play around with TAM connector, so very stoked! I'm sure we'll run into a question or 2 along the way...

Have an excellent weekend sir!
-Scott
Eddie Hartman
2019-03-30 10:24:09 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Awesome, and thank you for a great starting point. We mocked a test AL schedule to a test AL and worked just fine. I actually came into work today to find our AL picked back up as scheduled and is humming along just fine.
Now, to focus on new AL for removing TAM accounts from disabled ISIM identities. Finally get to play around with TAM connector, so very stoked! I'm sure we'll run into a question or 2 along the way...
Have an excellent weekend sir!
-Scott
Thanks, Scott. And you too :)