TDI HTTP Server Crash
j***@gmail.com
2020-05-29 15:06:57 UTC
Yesterday my TDI application crashed for seemingly no reason. Nothing in the logs saying why it crashed, or that it even crashed. It came up fine when I restarted it. Only weird thing in the logs was this:

2020-05-28 20:04:18,313 INFO [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/name] - CTGDIS310I AssemblyLine worker thread: AssemblyLines/name.wServer.3898 is started.
2020-05-28 20:04:06,625 INFO [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/name] - CTGDIS310I AssemblyLine worker thread: AssemblyLines/name.wServer.3897 is started.
2020-05-28 20:03:31,313 INFO [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/name] - CTGDIS310I AssemblyLine worker thread: AssemblyLines/name.wServer.3896 is started.
2020-05-28 20:02:39,213 INFO [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/name] - CTGDIS310I AssemblyLine worker thread: AssemblyLines/name.wServer.3895 is started.
2020-05-28 20:01:07,503 INFO [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/name] - CTGDIS310I AssemblyLine worker thread: AssemblyLines/name.wServer.3894 is started.
2020-05-28 20:01:04,527 INFO [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/name] - CTGDIS310I AssemblyLine worker thread: AssemblyLines/name.wServer.3893 is started.
2020-05-28 20:00:04,387 INFO [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/name] - CTGDIS310I AssemblyLine worker thread: AssemblyLines/name.wServer.3892 is started.
2020-05-28 20:00:00,903 INFO [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/name] - CTGDIS310I AssemblyLine worker thread: AssemblyLines/name.wServer.3891 is started.
2020-05-28 19:54:12,809 INFO [AssemblyLine.AssemblyLines/name] - -------AuthSuccessful--------

It continued starting new assemblylines until I restarted it. Typically there would be other log output in between each new assemblyline. Anyone seen this issue before or have any idea why it happened or how to fix it?
Eddie Hartman
2020-05-29 19:35:58 UTC
Is the AL based on Server mode? It’s there a Scheduler or trigger AL involved? Do you see and dumps or other crash artifacts in your Solution Directory?

Questions, questions :)

/Eddie
j***@gmail.com
2020-06-01 13:50:55 UTC
Is the AL based on Server mode? It’s there a Scheduler or trigger AL involved? Do you see and dumps or other crash artifacts in your Solution Directory?
Questions, questions :)
/Eddie
Is the AL based on Server mode? Yes.
It’s there a Scheduler or trigger AL involved? No. There's only one AL involved in this project. The only thing that should cause a new AL to start is a visit to the page.
Do you see and dumps or other crash artifacts in your Solution Directory? No. I think crash may have been the wrong word. It quit responding basically.

That authsuccessful line basically ends an authentication section where a user puts in their username/password and it authenticates to an LDAP server. After that authsuccessful line, there's an ISIM connector. It sends data to our ISIM server, which then sends data to LDAP. There's been issues lately with ISIM taking way longer than it should to write to LDAP. I wouldn't think that would cause the TDI application to quit working, but thought it worth mentioning.
Eddie Hartman
2020-06-01 20:45:43 UTC
Did you try adding log output to some Hooks in your connectors (eg. Before Add, On Error, etc) to get more details on where execution is when it starts to fail?