Apple M1
2021-02-17 16:23:27 UTC
Does anyone have any experience running TDI/SDI under a VM on this new platform?

/Eddie
bpevans
2021-04-09 01:47:42 UTC
Any developments on this subject? As a macbook air (M1) user I'd love to run TDI closer to home rather than the remote VDI and Linux instances I use today.
Eddie Hartman
2021-04-10 11:05:06 UTC
Sorry to disappoint, BP, but Integrator won't be seeing new platforms. It's why I had to get an intel-based map and wave goodbye to M1 - for now. Waiting to see if one of the virtualising technologies will sort this out... In the meantime, you're stuck removing.

Quick question: what's your least favourite thing about TDI?

For me it's that it's not open source :)
bpevans
2021-04-11 18:13:00 UTC
Quick question: what's your least favourite thing about TDI?
The inability to export a single AL - teams I've worked with struggle to do collaborative development with TDI. SVN/Source control support should have been integrated earlier.

At present, it's the platform support. Can't run it locally on my corp issued Windows laptop because the security garbage prevents the server from starting on any port to run ALs. Not supported on Mac, a struggle to install sometimes on Linux and a bleeding-edge distro like Fedora I've attempted with little success before.