JSON and XML Tutorial - Part 5, Scripting a Connector
a***@gmail.com
2019-04-24 16:37:32 UTC
Walking thru the JSON and XML Tutorial - Part 5, Scripting a Connector example at
http://www.tdiingoutloud.com/2016/11/json-and-xml-tutorial-part-5.html

all is good down to the population of function getNextEntry(), I put that script in and try the Next and get null java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibm.di.parser.HTTPParser.writeEntry(HTTPParser.java:333)
I went back thru the init and select scripts to compare, no differences. Ideas?
Thanks
Steve
a***@gmail.com
2019-04-24 19:33:25 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Hi,
Walking thru the JSON and XML Tutorial - Part 5, Scripting a Connector example at
http://www.tdiingoutloud.com/2016/11/json-and-xml-tutorial-part-5.html
all is good down to the population of function getNextEntry(), I put that script in and try the Next and get null java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibm.di.parser.HTTPParser.writeEntry(HTTPParser.java:333)
I went back thru the init and select scripts to compare, no differences. Ideas?
Thanks
Steve
Applied FP 5 and error goes away, can pull from :
http://www.ideal-status.nl/static/consumer_notification_advice.json but point it at something like:
http://dummy.restapiexample.com/api/v1/employees
and it errors out with "Unknown member inside of the getNextEntry?
Eddie Hartman
2019-04-25 17:15:07 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Post by a***@gmail.com
Hi,
Walking thru the JSON and XML Tutorial - Part 5, Scripting a Connector example at
http://www.tdiingoutloud.com/2016/11/json-and-xml-tutorial-part-5.html
all is good down to the population of function getNextEntry(), I put that script in and try the Next and get null java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibm.di.parser.HTTPParser.writeEntry(HTTPParser.java:333)
I went back thru the init and select scripts to compare, no differences. Ideas?
Thanks
Steve
http://dummy.restapiexample.com/api/v1/employees
and it errors out with "Unknown member inside of the getNextEntry?
I just posted a reply to a comment to this post here:

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4476863800158400170&postID=6113222385566190947&page=1&token=1556212413975

As always, I recommend using the Debugger to see exactly what is happening :)
Eddie Hartman
2019-04-25 18:33:39 UTC
Post by a***@gmail.com
Post by a***@gmail.com
Hi,
Walking thru the JSON and XML Tutorial - Part 5, Scripting a Connector example at
http://www.tdiingoutloud.com/2016/11/json-and-xml-tutorial-part-5.html
all is good down to the population of function getNextEntry(), I put that script in and try the Next and get null java.lang.NullPointerException at com.ibm.di.parser.HTTPParser.writeEntry(HTTPParser.java:333)
I went back thru the init and select scripts to compare, no differences. Ideas?
Thanks
Steve
http://dummy.restapiexample.com/api/v1/employees
and it errors out with "Unknown member inside of the getNextEntry?
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=4476863800158400170&postID=6113222385566190947&page=1&token=1556212413975
As always, I recommend using the Debugger to see exactly what is happening :)
If enough people are game, I'd be happy to do an online session and walk through debugging a scripted connector :) Reply to this thread if you're interested, along with your timezone.