How to fetch accounts of users via TDI
Pretty Jacob
2020-04-27 18:08:58 UTC
Hi All,

Could you please let me know how can i fetch user's accounts details through TDI.

Thanks in advance
Pretty Jacob
2020-04-27 19:01:35 UTC
Post by Pretty Jacob
Hi All,
Could you please let me know how can i fetch user's accounts details through TDI.
Thanks in advance
Requirement is to fetch accounts of all Active users of a particular department.
-I have created an AL
- In Feed Section i have a LDAP connector in Iterator mode ,to fetch users of particular department.
-In Flow section i have another LDAP connector in Look up mode to fetch the user accounts.
I am using Link criteria by matching dn of the user(from LDAP connector from Feed section) to owner of the account.
-But i am only getting a single account in the outfile , eventhough user has multiple accounts.

-I am facing issue while iterating accounts of the user.
-Please help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance
Franzw
2020-04-28 06:23:35 UTC
Post by Pretty Jacob
Post by Pretty Jacob
Hi All,
Could you please let me know how can i fetch user's accounts details through TDI.
Thanks in advance
Requirement is to fetch accounts of all Active users of a particular department.
-I have created an AL
- In Feed Section i have a LDAP connector in Iterator mode ,to fetch users of particular department.
-In Flow section i have another LDAP connector in Look up mode to fetch the user accounts.
I am using Link criteria by matching dn of the user(from LDAP connector from Feed section) to owner of the account.
-But i am only getting a single account in the outfile , eventhough user has multiple accounts.
-I am facing issue while iterating accounts of the user.
-Please help me with this issue.
Thanks in advance
Fetching accounts where ??

You have forgotten to give us any context of what system you are working with - I may ASSUME your are talking Windows AD - bu I am certainly not sure....

Pretty Jacob
2020-04-29 05:26:16 UTC
Post by Franzw
Post by Pretty Jacob
Post by Pretty Jacob
[...]
Dear Franz,

User can have accounts in Windows AD,SAP,Linux systems etc.

-I am using a LDAP connector in Iterator mode in Feed Section of AL to iterate to each user in the respective department.
-In the Flow section I am using another LDAP connector in Iterator mode to fetch the user's account details.But here I am facing issue while determining the filter that has to be used to fetch accounts of the respective user.
-I tried using below filters,but both are giving me only 1 account of the user.

a) (&(erservice=*)(eruid=*)(owner=*erglobalid value of user's DN*))
b) owner of the account equals to dn of the user

-When i am trying above filters in LDAP browser i am getting the required results,but in AL I am facing issue.

Note: eruid format is different for all applications ex: for some applications it would be uid itself ,for some it is firstname.lastname etc.

Expecting your suggestions.

Thanks in Advance
Franzw
2020-04-29 20:15:32 UTC
Post by Pretty Jacob
Post by Franzw
Post by Pretty Jacob
Post by Pretty Jacob
[...]
I can now see you are talking about ISIM account entities in the ISIM ldap - that was you should have explained clearly.

Be aware this is more a question of the entity/attribute/value model of ISIM and how to query that using the ldap protocol - but probably you are also confused to do an iteration using lookup in SDI.

Let me briefly explain what how I would do this :

1.Use the iterator to find owners (persons) in ISIM using what ever filter that is relevant.
2.using a connector loop to lookup the account using the ownerdn as filter and the account tree (ou=accounts,....) as base
3.Do what ever you need on each account in the loop

Be aware that reading the accounts in the ldap is not per se a problem - but if you need to do something on the accounts you need to do that by using APIs from SDI - it is not supported to change things in the ldap directly...

HTH
Pretty Jacob
2020-04-30 03:14:12 UTC
Thank You Franz.I got a better idea now