ISIM to ISDI calling Assembly Line
Vikas Bisht
2018-12-23 18:30:06 UTC
Hi All,

Merry Christmas in Advance to everyone!!

I have a query, can we call an assembly line running in ISDI box directly from ISIM using ISDI API's similarly like OOTB ISIM RMI adapters.

or If we expose functionality of that Assembly with some kind of service like REST or Web Service.

Thanks
Vikas Bisht
Eddie Hartman
2018-12-24 22:36:06 UTC
I will let L2 and others with more ISIM experience keep me honest, but as far as I know, the TDI server with the Dispatcher loaded does not operate as A 'normal' TDI server. So I am not sure if the RMI API works for starting ALs remotely. ThanksThat said, if you create an AL with an HTTP Server Connector then you should be able to field incomings client requests.

./Eddie
Eddie Hartman
2018-12-24 22:48:46 UTC
I will let L2 and others with more ISIM experience keep me honest, but as far as I know, the TDI server with the Dispatcher loaded does not operate as A 'normal' TDI server. So I am not sure if the RMI API works for starting ALs remotely. That said, if you create an AL with an HTTP Server Connector then you should be able to field incomings client requests.

2018-12-28 11:13:36 UTC
I will let L2 and others with more ISIM experience keep me honest, but as far as I know, the TDI server with the Dispatcher loaded does not operate as A 'normal' TDI server. So I am not sure if the RMI API works for starting ALs remotely. That said, if you create an AL with an HTTP Server Connector then you should be able to field incomings client requests.
/Eddie
The answer is actually yes - it is possible to call a remote TDI server using the supplied TDI jars in the <itim_home>/lib. My team developed a generic solution for that many years ago - at that point in time we had to upgrade the TDI jars - but that was taken care of later...

So the answer is YES - but let me tell you that it has some challenges - we did this as a workflow extension and had to play around with java types to ensure that we could load the IWE correctly going from Javascript to Java objects.

Let me see if I get the time I may publish this on IBM Developerworks - but no promise - so do not hold your breath...

HTH
Vikas Bisht
2018-12-28 12:35:44 UTC
Post by Franzw
Post by Eddie Hartman
[...]
Hi Franz,

Thanks a lot for your feedback on my query.

Thanks in Advance if you can post some Technical details of my query.
Vikas Bisht
2018-12-28 12:33:49 UTC
I will let L2 and others with more ISIM experience keep me honest, but as far as I know, the TDI server with the Dispatcher loaded does not operate as A 'normal' TDI server. So I am not sure if the RMI API works for starting ALs remotely. That said, if you create an AL with an HTTP Server Connector then you should be able to field incomings client requests.
/Eddie
Hi Eddie,

Thanks a lot for insights on my query.

Regards