return attribute back to ISIM
Diana
2018-01-25 21:17:06 UTC
Hello, I have a custom adapter and I am doing suspend / restore. The account has an attribute called isActive. After the assemblyline successfully sets the target account, how do I send the information back to ISIM so it will set the isActive attribute? I have tried to set the attribute in work in the Default Success hook but that doesn't seem to modify anything back in ISIM. Any suggestions?
Franzw
2018-01-25 21:55:35 UTC
Post by Diana
Hello, I have a custom adapter and I am doing suspend / restore. The account has an attribute called isActive. After the assemblyline successfully sets the target account, how do I send the information back to ISIM so it will set the isActive attribute? I have tried to set the attribute in work in the Default Success hook but that doesn't seem to modify anything back in ISIM. Any suggestions?
The quick answer is - you don't.

ISIM has an internal attribute eraccountstatus which keeps track of this and is managed by the suspend/restore extensions in the workflow.

So there is no need to maintain that from the adapter side.

So this is clearly the easiest way and best practice.

If you really really need this I believe it is possible - if so it should be documented in the adapter development documentation downloadable from PassPort Advantage (it is there as an "adapter").

I believe I have an example somewhere in my archives - but I am rather reluctant to spend time finding that as I believe that is not the solution in you case.

HTH
Diana
2018-01-25 23:29:36 UTC
Hello Franz,

I was looking into eraccountstatus but when I looked on Design Form, I didn't see that attribute as available to be added to the account form. I'm okay with using eraccountstatus but I would like it to be displayed on the account form.

Thanks,
Diana
Franzw
2018-01-28 17:38:11 UTC
Post by Diana
Hello, I have a custom adapter and I am doing suspend / restore. The account has an attribute called isActive. After the assemblyline successfully sets the target account, how do I send the information back to ISIM so it will set the isActive attribute? I have tried to set the attribute in work in the Default Success hook but that doesn't seem to modify anything back in ISIM. Any suggestions?
the eraccountstatus is deliberately removed from the account view. This is actually very logical - if you want to enforce that this is only changed through suspend/restore actions placing it the account view would not work.

The account status is reflected in the account lists on the right side as "active" or "inactive" - and you can then perform suspend/restore by selecting the account or use the account dropdown.

HTH
Diana
2018-01-29 21:11:30 UTC
Thanks Franz, that was really helpful as I was getting frustrated as to why I can't find it design form. My client still wants to see the field Is Active to be displayed as part of form. Is there a way that I can tie the value of eraccountstatus to a custom attribute so that I can still display it?
Franzw
2018-01-31 03:29:57 UTC
Post by Diana
Thanks Franz, that was really helpful as I was getting frustrated as to why I can't find it design form. My client still wants to see the field Is Active to be displayed as part of form. Is there a way that I can tie the value of eraccountstatus to a custom attribute so that I can still display it?
There are ways to do this - but the impact is not worth the effort.

I would rather recommend to explain the client that this is how ISIM works and they will only hurt themselves by trying to implement something that is not inline with the basic design of the product they have bought.

yn2000
2018-02-07 19:15:59 UTC
Well, I used to fight against the customer, but I am not always winning.
In similar case, I solve it by having Suspend/Restore Operational Workflow to call Update operation (in Diana case: updating isActive attr). Then, the Suspend/Restore process in the adapter do nothing, because it is already performed by the update process.
Rgds. YN.
Franzw
2018-02-08 14:25:01 UTC
Post by yn2000
Well, I used to fight against the customer, but I am not always winning.
In similar case, I solve it by having Suspend/Restore Operational Workflow to call Update operation (in Diana case: updating isActive attr). Then, the Suspend/Restore process in the adapter do nothing, because it is already performed by the update process.
Rgds. YN.
Yeah - the world is not perfect - but then documenting the fact is important when the customer is hit by the problems later - then "I told you so" is sooo nice...

Diana
2018-02-08 21:01:53 UTC
Thank you for the replies! What we did at the end was convinced the customer the correct way to handle it was through eraccountstatus and not use isActive.
Franzw
2018-02-09 08:51:47 UTC
Post by Diana
Thank you for the replies! What we did at the end was convinced the customer the correct way to handle it was through eraccountstatus and not use isActive.
That is a great feedback.

Good luck with the implementation !