ResultSet is closed problem
Tatsiana
2018-05-08 08:35:02 UTC
Hi, I have a problem with one AssemblyLine, and stuck with the problem:
'Invalid operation: Result set is closed'.
The process of AL is simple: it is reading the data from db2 (I use db2 recursive SQL and jdbc connector) and then according to the data update corresponding db2 tables.

Maybe somebody have the idea what could be the problem?
Thanks in advance.
Tatsiana
2018-05-08 10:15:30 UTC
"exception": "com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException: [ibm][db2][jcc][10120][10898] Invalid operation: result set is closed.",
"message": "[ibm][db2][jcc][10120][10898] Invalid operation: result set is closed.",
"class": "com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException"
Franzw
2018-05-09 08:14:49 UTC
Post by Tatsiana
"exception": "com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException: [ibm][db2][jcc][10120][10898] Invalid operation: result set is closed.",
"message": "[ibm][db2][jcc][10120][10898] Invalid operation: result set is closed.",
"class": "com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException"
If you had made a search on the internt you should have found this technote : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21461670

This explains thee reason - i.e. if you try to retrieve a record when the full number of records has been read the exception is thrown. It also explains how to fix it - either use a different jdbc driver or be sure to avoid the retrieval beyond the number of records found - the latter seems illogical in normal TDI thinking (getNextEntry() should normally not do that) - but you can handle the situation in the error hooks or do a pre check.

I would recommend changing the jdbc driver.

HTH
Tatsiana
2018-05-10 07:37:22 UTC
Hi Franz, thanks a lot for the answer.
The interesting thing is that the issue appeared only recently. I haven't changed the version of the driver.
And it's also surprising why the Iterator processed less etnries that the sql retrives in DBVisualizer, for example.
I've added checking of getNextEntry() as a pre check, the error didn't appear, but I still have problem not processing all the entries needed... Do you have any idea what could be the reason?