ISIM Daily Delta reporting using TDI.
Sarvesh
2020-03-04 10:16:15 UTC

I have a requirement like, I need to get Daily Delta reporting from ISIM TDS for all the active users in a specific CSV format.

The next day report should give a comparison like which data field has changed (Email, Fname, Designation, etc.) for a few specific attributes.

I'm using TDI v7.1 for this. I'm not sure how the comparison part will work? Can I use the TDI LDAP connector in Delta mode for this?
Sarvesh
2020-03-06 13:34:17 UTC
Hi,
Or is there any other i can be done? Any help?
Sarvesh
2020-03-06 13:35:46 UTC
Hi,
Or is there any other way it can be done? Any help?
Eddie Hartman
2020-03-06 18:32:30 UTC
Hi,
Iterating with Delta enabled is one way. Another is to connect to the cn=changelog suffix of the LDAP Server using a suitable Changelog Connector. Then you will pick up changes as registered by the directory - that is, if it support changelog.
Franzw
2020-03-08 18:40:18 UTC
Post by Sarvesh
Hi,
I have a requirement like, I need to get Daily Delta reporting from ISIM TDS for all the active users in a specific CSV format.
The next day report should give a comparison like which data field has changed (Email, Fname, Designation, etc.) for a few specific attributes.
I'm using TDI v7.1 for this. I'm not sure how the comparison part will work? Can I use the TDI LDAP connector in Delta mode for this?
In general you should not access the ISIM ldap directly - it works for now - but it is considered internal and may change.

A requirement like this is probably better solved using the ISIM Reporting System - if you have Cognos up and running it is very easy to schedule a CSV report to run daily that can be compared with the older version - but the builtin older reporting system can also do it...

There are a lot of reasons to use reporting rather than trying to solve this kind of things in SDI/TDI - one of the important one is to think about maintenance - if you leave the company/client it will be difficult to maintain your solution - a good reporting infrastructure based on Cognos is much better...

HTH

Sarvesh
2020-06-18 15:17:24 UTC
Post by Franzw
Post by Sarvesh
Hi,
[...]
Hi Franz,

Thanks for the reply!!

My requirement was to take report in specific formate like, what attribute what changed for which user and what was the previous value. So i thought of customizing it using ISDI. Will check some other options.

Thanks
Sarvesh
Sarvesh
2020-06-18 15:19:25 UTC
Post by Franzw
Post by Sarvesh
Hi,
[...]

My requirement was to take a report in a specific format, like which attribute is changed for which user and what was the previous value. So I thought of customizing it using ISDI. I will check some other options.

Thanks
Sarvesh