Microsoft sql server 2016 sending dropping my connection
Max Bakken
2017-11-30 09:17:39 UTC
The infrastructure guys just upgraded the MS SQL server 2012 to MS SQL server 2016.
After this the solution are dropping my connection giving me an error message:

CTGDIJ109E Unable to connect to the database (The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.

I set my connection retries and automatically reconnect on with 10 tries with 5 seconds and the solution does work, but it keeps dropping my connection.

Anyone got a solution for this?
Max Bakken
2017-11-30 09:19:04 UTC
Post by Max Bakken
The infrastructure guys just upgraded the MS SQL server 2012 to MS SQL server 2016.
CTGDIJ109E Unable to connect to the database (The driver could not establish a secure connection to SQL Server by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
I set my connection retries and automatically reconnect on with 10 tries with 5 seconds and the solution does work, but it keeps dropping my connection.
Anyone got a solution for this?
BTW forgot to include TDI version
I am currently using TDI 7.1.1 fp 5
yn2000
2017-11-30 18:49:12 UTC
I do not have the detail specific for MS SQL 2016, but based on my experience connecting with Oracle DB, you need to get the driver (the jar file) that is suitable (compatible) for the target you are connecting to.
Rgds. YN.
Diana
2017-12-11 18:47:48 UTC
I found this article that might be helpful to you. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dataaccesstechnologies/2016/11/30/intermittent-jdbc-connectivity-issue-the-driver-could-not-establish-a-secure-connection-to-sql-server-by-using-secure-sockets-layer-ssl-encryption-error-sql-server-returned-an-incomplete-respons/