"java/lang/OutOfMemoryError" when switching delta store from DB2 to TDI Derby
Add Reply
m***@gmail.com
2018-09-27 13:07:04 UTC
Hey guys,

I have some basic JDBC assembly lines that move data from point A to Point B using the delta engine.
These assembly lines move / compare millions of rows on occasion, so it's quite a lot of data.
I've recently moved the delta store from a local DB2 instance over to the built in Derby in network mode for a few reasons.

The issue I'm having is that I'm throwing a "java/lang/OutOfMemoryError"(inside javacore dump) error.
I've adjusted the heap sizes for ibmdisrv, but I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust this for the Derby DB?

Thanks in advance,
Eddie Hartman
2018-09-27 17:55:37 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Hey guys,
I have some basic JDBC assembly lines that move data from point A to Point B using the delta engine.
These assembly lines move / compare millions of rows on occasion, so it's quite a lot of data.
I've recently moved the delta store from a local DB2 instance over to the built in Derby in network mode for a few reasons.
The issue I'm having is that I'm throwing a "java/lang/OutOfMemoryError"(inside javacore dump) error.
I've adjusted the heap sizes for ibmdisrv, but I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust this for the Derby DB?
Thanks in advance,
TDI(SDI) Support recommends that you start the Derby RDBMS manually - i.e. don't let TDI autostart it for you. Then you can specify the heap size needed. Here is a link on how to start Derby:

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSCQGF_7.1.1/com.ibm.IBMDI.doc_7.1.1/adminguide71.htm

Note that even if you have com.ibm.di.store.start.mode=automatic set in your solution.properties file, if the TDI Server discovers that Derby is already running then it will just use this instance.

Hope this helps!