Sending additional account attribute along with eruid on the Delete Operation
Rajan Arora
2018-11-09 02:40:23 UTC
Hi All,

I am currently working on an RMI adapter and I have a requirement to send an additional attribute from TIM to TDI which will be required for the deleting target account.

I am currently unable to send this. I have tried setting the
erOpRequired and erOPSend attributes as follows
erOprequired: delete=targetHash
erOPSend:delete=a:targetHash

but in spite of these 2 settings, I am not able to pass the attribute and corresponding value of attribute "targetHash" to TDI. TDI receives only eruid during the delete operation.
Enio Padilla
2018-11-09 17:17:51 UTC
Post by Rajan Arora
Hi All,
I am currently working on an RMI adapter and I have a requirement to send an additional attribute from TIM to TDI which will be required for the deleting target account.
I am currently unable to send this. I have tried setting the
erOpRequired and erOPSend attributes as follows
erOprequired: delete=targetHash
erOPSend:delete=a:targetHash
but in spite of these 2 settings, I am not able to pass the attribute and corresponding value of attribute "targetHash" to TDI. TDI receives only eruid during the delete operation.
Hi Rajan,

In the service.def file, locate the section that defines your delete operation, and then add the input parameter as shown below for the erAdditionalAttribute attribute, after the line for the eruid:

<operation cn="Delete an Account">
<name>delete</name>
<description/>
<input name="eruid" source="eruid"/>
<input name="erAdditionalAttribute" source="erAdditionalAttribute"/>
<dispatcherParameter name="OperationType">
<default>$(OO!operation)</default>
</dispatcherParameter>
<assemblyLine>DeleteAccount.xml</assemblyLine>
</operation>
Rajan Arora
2018-11-12 06:16:08 UTC
Post by Enio Padilla
Post by Rajan Arora
[...]
Thanks a lot Enio,
Your solution worked. I am now additional attribute in delete calls.

Can I request if you can provide your guidance to another issue which I am facing related to adapter development?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/ibm.software.network.directory-integrator/NhWaGdavMXc