Tips for how to train a team of developers on SDI connector development?
Brian Laskey
2019-04-11 15:50:09 UTC
For work I've been signed up to do some enablement training on SDI to colleagues with technical and development backgrounds.

Some of the areas they might want help with were:
* Prerequisites required to determine the feasibility of TDI/SDI integration with a third party system.

* Hands-on on developing a connector (not CSV/Excel). [we have some example connectors to other real systems over APIs, we can demonstrate what we have developed at least]

* Best practices to be followed while developing a connector.

* Learning resources like wikis, forums, slack channels for developing a connector.

* Troubleshooting steps if there is an issue with a connector.

Are there good resources on the kind of broader questions like best practices, determine feasibility of integrations, troubleshooting steps? How would you approach such topics in an open-ended enablement setting (i.e. no set requirements)?
Eddie Hartman
2019-04-19 15:35:28 UTC
Post by Brian Laskey
For work I've been signed up to do some enablement training on SDI to colleagues with technical and development backgrounds.
* Prerequisites required to determine the feasibility of TDI/SDI integration with a third party system.
* Hands-on on developing a connector (not CSV/Excel). [we have some example connectors to other real systems over APIs, we can demonstrate what we have developed at least]
* Best practices to be followed while developing a connector.
* Learning resources like wikis, forums, slack channels for developing a connector.
* Troubleshooting steps if there is an issue with a connector.
Are there good resources on the kind of broader questions like best practices, determine feasibility of integrations, troubleshooting steps? How would you approach such topics in an open-ended enablement setting (i.e. no set requirements)?
I create components using Javascript which allows me to incrementally debug/build the component using the built-in debugger. As to specific resources on component development, I'm afraid I don't know of any. I have posted this set of topics that any TDIer-to-be should familiarize themselves with: https://ibm.biz/BdjiM6

Sorry for not providing more specific guidance :/